Whyyyeeee are smoothies so dang good that we are willing to spend $7 – $12 daily for 16 ounces of cold creamy goodness?? We all know it’s because we are 1. Lazy and 2. Lazy!! I’m guilty of it, no shame. The girls say, “hey Mom let’s go to Jamba or Whole Foods for a drink,” and my dumb a$$ is like, “YEAH!!” $25 bucks later I think to myself, I could’ve made this at home!! Ask me if I do? …Nope! I use to be all into making my favorite juice and vegan smoothie recipes daily, at HOME, in my fancy… no strike that, fancy AND expensive Vitamix (which by the way is the best Mother’s Day Gift Mike has ever given me). So why did I stop?? The answer is, I really don’t know. Leave it to my recent dental work limiting me to cold soft food to kick my a$$ in gear to pull out the once beloved gift.
I have always wanted to nail down… ahh-hemm knock off my favorite tropical vegan smoothie I get from Whole Foods. It tastes so damn good! I literally suck it down in 3 minutes flat!! Let me pat myself on the back, because I did it!! In fact, I think my version tastes even better BECAUSE I made it!! We keep frozen bags of fruit in the freezer — Costco baby…and guys they even sell Organic now. All I needed was the vanilla almond milk, fresh greens & bananas which are always in my kitchen anyway. So basically what I’m telling you is this bomb smoothie can be made whenever the craving hits me. Now let’s finally get to the “HOW TO” part…
Tropical Vegan Smoothie Recipe
- Large handful of greens — I fill my Vitamix halfway with fresh fluffy greens like…Spinach, Dino, Kale, Curly Kale (Or a mix of whatever you like)
- 3⁄4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (trust me get the vanilla)
- 1⁄2 Banana broken into chunks
- 4-5 Frozen Chunks of Mango
- 4-5 Frozen Chunks of Pineapple
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- 4-5 Ice Cubes
- Add greens to blender
- Toss in the bananas, pineapple, mango, chia, and coconut
- Pour in almond milk
- Blend on low setting to break down ingredients for about 10-15 secs
- Turn on High for 1 min, then turn off
- Add ice
- Turn on high for 30 secs to 1 minute until ice is completely blended.
Now sit back and enjoy that tropical goodness…yummmm!
P.S. My new reusable straws from ThatGood.Life are perfect for smoothies!