I know y’all have been asking for my tuna salad lettuce wrap recipe for a while. I’m one of those people who doesn’t measure when I cook. I never have – I just throw in ingredients, taste and adjust as I go along. For the most part, this works great except it’s not so easy to share recipes LOL. Well, Carol has been wanting my tuna salad recipe too. I made it for her a while ago and she hasn’t been able to stop thinking about it. My secret ingredient is green olives which are her favorite. So last week when she was in town she asked me to make it again, only this time she watched me make it and even jotted down the recipe to share. Woohoo!
These tuna salad lettuce wraps are so good for you too. The recipe is low in carbs and packed with protein. With both tuna and boiled egg, each serving has well over 30 grams of protein. You darlings know that I start my day with a protein smoothie, so that puts me at 55 to 60 grams of protein and it’s only lunchtime. I also add in some avocado for healthy fat.
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 4 – 5oz cans of Tuna in oil – drained (I use 1 can per person)
- 2 Boiled Eggs chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs chopped
- 1/2 Medium Sized Red Onion chopped
- 8 Green Olives diced (I used garlic and jalapeno stuffed olives)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro finely chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- Juice from 2 Limes
- Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Butter Lettuce (about 4-5 lettuce cups per person)
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning
- 1 Avocado
- Drain Tuna and Add to large Bowl. Using a fork, break up tuna into fine pieces.
- Add chopped egg, celery, onion, olives, and cilantro to bowl.
- Adding about 1 Tbsp Mayo at a time, mix ingredients together. For reference, I don’t like too much mayo in my tuna so 3-4 Tbsp is plenty for me. If you like creamier tuna, feel free to add more.
- Add lime juice and pepper to tuna mixture and mix together.
- Fill each butter lettuce cup with tuna and top with sliced avocado. If you can get your hands on Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, you’re going to want to sprinkle a little on top of each lettuce boat for the perfect amount of flavor.