My new Bolden SPF 30 Brightening Moisturizer has got me singing Beyonce’s, “Brown skin girl, your skin just like pearl ♪♪♪”. I can’t help it darlings! Nothing excites me more than a brand founded by black women with products designed specifically for brown girls like me in mind.
We all know that when it comes to sunscreen, the first question we brown girls gotta ask is, “Is it going to leave a horrible white residue on my skin?” Sadly, it’s no wonder the majority of black women don’t wear sunscreen daily.
The truth is the sun is the number one aging factor for your skin regardless of your skin tone. Yes, sorry ladies but black does crack if you don’t take care of your skin. Not to mention the unnecessary risk of skin cancer. That’s why the final step in my morning skincare routine is always sunscreen (even on cloudy days!). I literally never leave home without applying sunscreen to my face, neck, chest and shoulders.
So naturally when Bolden offered to send me their SPF moisturizer, I was happy to put it to the test! Here’s what I found…
5 Things I Love About Bolden SPF 30 Brightening Moisturizer
- No Ashy White Residue: Yes, it’s true! Bolden’s lovely, lightweight formula layers perfectly under my foundation without that horrible greasy, white cast you find in other sunscreens. Finally, a brand that’s getting it right for us brown skin girls!
- Added Vitamin C: I love that this SPF moisturizer is infused with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that repairs damaged skin cells and reduces skin discoloration. The results are beautiful, brighter skin!
- Paraben and Sulfate Free: I’m so delighted that Bolden’s SPF 30 Moisturizer is free from parabens and sulfates. This is extra important for you ladies with sensitive skin as sulfates can strip your skin of natural oils and cause skin irritation.
- No Breakouts: Before I even consider sharing a product with all of you darlings, I always test it for several weeks to make sure my skin doesn’t get irritated or broken out. I can happily report no breakouts or irritated skin for me.
- Hydrating: The natural ingredients, squalane and safflower oil in this moisturizer leave my skin glowing! Squalane is a natural oil that balances your skin’s oil production while safflower oil moisturizes and repairs your skin’s barrier. Both of these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties that are great for treating skin conditions like acne and eczema. So while your protecting your skin from UV rays, you’re also rejuvenating your skin.
I don’t know about you, but I’m so inspired by brands like Bolden who are designing products tailored towards the needs of women of color. If you ask me, it’s about time!
Sponsored by: Bolden
leave a comment