Winter is coming darlings! Shucks, in places like Michigan or New England winter is already here!!! LOL!! Thanksgiving can often mean snow for some of you, but is your skin ready?? Have you ever had a chapped tush during winter?? Or your lips burn so bad from the cold that you keep licking, making them blister? Or wait, have you had patches of dry crusty scaly skin on your legs or face?? Babes, if you’ve got dry winter skin then this is THE blog for you.
I used to travel to some freakin brutally cold places. The number one thing I learned to keep your skin hydrated from head to toe is you gotta layer and lock in moisture. Kinda like how you layer on clothes in the winter. You got your base layer, over clothes, sweaters, coats, boots, scarves, hats and gloves – you basically got do the same sh*t to your skin.
Everything You Need for Dry Winter Skin
Starts with Exfoliation
Yes you can exfoliate too much but it is also necessary to turn over skin if it’s down bad.
The Outset Exfoliating Caffeine Micro Polish: My favy super fine and gentle facial exfoliator
Best Bang for your Buck
Saltair KP Body Smoother Glycolic Body Scrub: Currently sold out but when it comes back in stock you babes better RUN and add to cart!! Pssss it’s only $14!!
Splurge but Worth Every Penny
Costa Brazil Body Scrub: Costa Brazil can do no wrong!! Literal luxury in a bottle!
Cleansers that won’t strip
If you’re like me on cold days, nothing warms you up like an extra hot shower. So while you’re in there thawing out your toes, let the hydration begin!!
It doesn’t get better than these hydrating cleansers…
Biossance Squalane + Amino Aloe Gentle Pore Minimizing Cleanser
Alpyn Beauty Juneberry and Collagen Hydrating Cold Cream Cleanser
Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin Softening Cleanser – amazing for sensitive skin!!
Cocokind Oil to Milk Cleanser – best oil cleanser under $12!
KORA Organics Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover
Saltair Santal Bloom Body Wash: Best bang for your buck!
Costa Brazil Nutrient Rich Hand and Body Wash: Hands down the MOST luxurious body wash I have ever used!
Moisturizer Spread the Love 😉
Rehydrate after exfoliating & cleansing
I have oily skin and tend to stay away from heavy moisturizers so I turned to my babies to recommend their top picks for soft supple skin in Winter.
Fenty Skin ButtaDrop Whipped Oil Body Cream: If you haven’t tried Fenty’s body butter what are you waiting for?? This thick body butter is everything you need for winter skin.
Seal the Deal with Oil
Lock everything in and prevent moisture loss.
There are SO MANY gorgeous face oils that I have used I feel bad that I can’t list them all!! But here are a few that are formulated to support the skin barrier.
- Klur Elements of Comfort: Grab Klurs divine body oil…you babes will thank me later!
- Ellis Brooklyn CBD massage and Body Oil: Great for inflammation and soothing achy winter muscles
Lips Get Dry Too
Drinking water is your best friend but a little shine doesn’t hurt. These two products are a must for winter chapped lips!
- Make Beauty Solar Citron Lip Reset Overnight Lip Balm: I highly recommend you babes add this Make Beauty lip mask to cart immediately!! Made for sleeping but will beat down any freezing air that might try to blister your lips.
- Milk Makeup Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask: Last winter Milk Makeup lip mask held it down!!! Its chef kiss all the way.
Specialty Winky Winky…for the cracks
- Josie Moran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil: All around hydrator to keep on hand for skin, hair, and nails.
- Biossance 100% Squalane Oil: Super hydrating and can be used from head to toe.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment: This is a must for dry, cracked skin!
- SkinFix Eczema+: Excellent for eczema. Love that it’s safe around eyes.
- Ren Overnight Recovery Balm: My daughter May loves to use this as a last step in her skincare routine to seal in moisture.
1 Comment on Got Dry Winter Skin?
Got to get in habit of exfoliating. These are great tips. Your skin is gorgeous so I best take heed 😉