I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I have been juicing for 10 years now! What began as a 3 day detox has transitioned into a lifestyle. For me, the fresh smell of celery or ginger being juiced is just it!! There have been times when I’ll take a break from juicing mainly because traveling over the years will throw my rhythm off. And yes babes, juicing is a rhythm of sorts, a ritual. The more regularly you juice the more it becomes a natural integrated habit. One that you look forward to and trust me your body will thank you for it.
Many of you know that over on Instagram I am hosting a 3 month AB challenge because it has been a personal fitness goal of mine and so many of our TTL followers wanted to join in. You darlings don’t need me to tell you this but ABS are made in the kitchen. Diet is the key to seeing definition in your core. The thing is a celery juice or beet juice ain’t gettin’ it for me!! It’s simply not enough substance after a workout so I have been making a core friendly hybrid green juice smoothie that is low glycemic, nutrient dense, fiber rich, oh and lets not forget freaking DELICIOUS!!
The beauty of this drink is not only will it flood your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals but you will get some gut friendly fiber in there too all without too much sugar. Babes, you might be tempted to add banana or berries or some other fruit BUT DON’T DO IT!! Yes, fruit is natural and good for you and all, but a core friendly LOW sugar pick me up is what I’m aiming for.
Hybrid Green Juice Smoothie Recipe
- Large glass
- 4-5 celery stalks
- 1 lemon
- Large chunk of ginger
- 1 apple
- Extra large handful spinach
- 1 TBSP Chia Seed
Substitutions or Additions:
- Juice everything except the leafy greens
- Depending on which veggies you use, you should have about 20 oz. of juice.
- In your blender add your leafy greens. I’m enjoying spinach these days but kale would also be super yummy in this drink.
- Add about half the juice you just made.
- Blend until it just breaks down.
- Fill the glass you are using with ice, this should be the appropriate portion of ice you’ll need to make the smoothie.
- Add ice to the blended juice mixture in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in chia smooth and blend on low until mixed.
***If there is leftover juice use it to make another smoothie later on or drink it alone, but try to drink it the same day. Unpasteurized juice can develop bacteria AND it loses some of the nutrients the longer it sits.
leave a comment