I love “all in” recipes!! Throw everything in one bowl or this case food processor, mix, and then it’s DONE!! This classic hummus recipe is super quick to whip up with pantry ingredients, great for when friends pop over or just for a yummy afternoon snack.
Nutritional Benefits of Chickpeas
The beauty of this hummus recipe is chickpeas have loads of nutritional benefits:
- Fills you up but not your waistline
- 2 cups of chickpeas contain your daily value of fiber which keeps your gut healthy
- Contains both copper & iron to give you lots clean fuel and energy
- Regulates blood sugar levels; Your body burns starchy legumes slowly which means you’ll have less sugar spikes
- Awesome source for protein!! 1 cup of chickpeas is ⅓ of your daily value of protein…great news for vegetarians and vegans
- 2 Cups of canned chickpeas, drained set liquid aside
- 1⁄2 Cup Tahini
- 1⁄4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves, peeled (or to taste) Trust me darlings 2 makes the hummus plenty garlicy
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1⁄4 tsp+ Cumin I go easy with cumin because it has a mighty flavor, you can add more to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh Parsley
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients, except the reserved chickpea liquid
- Blend until smooth. Add more of the reserved liquid if you want to thin it out or blend for a less time if you like your hummus a bit chunky.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. I like my hummus lemony and garlicy so I tweak it until I get just the right balance without thinning it too much.
I want to play with adding other ingredients like black beans, edamame, and cilantro/jalapeno!! Now that I have a good base hummus recipe I think making variations will be fun and of course DELICIOUS!!!
2 Comments on Quick and Easy Hummus Recipe
[…] Plate your freshly made falafels and tzatziki with sliced cucumber and hummus for the ultimate treat. You can use store bought hummus or check out my hummus recipe. […]
[…] live on hummus. I make it from scratch (->>My Hummus Recipe) or buy it from the market. No matter which, it always needs to be organic AND if possible I prefer […]