Hi Darlings! I’m sure you all know by now that I’m a self proclaimed connoisseur of iced chai lattes. In fact, I’ve been on a mission all summer to find the best iced chai latte in the Valley. Let me tell you, it’s been hard work but somebody’s gotta keep you informed 😉 Anyhow, I still have plenty of tea shops to explore so I’ll keep working hard at that and share my favorites on a future post.
In the meantime, I think you should be able to enjoy an iced chai latte anytime you want in the comfort of your own home, so I’ve put together this video to show you step by step how to make the BEST homemade iced chai latte. I’ll even show you how to make chai ice cubes so you don’t water your tea down with regular ice cubes. Trust me, it’s sooo easy and you’ll save yourself a small fortune on going out to buy one everyday.
How to Make Homemade Iced Chai Latte (and Chai Ice Cubes)
- 2-3 Chai Tea Bags (I use Rishi Organic Chai Tea)
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Honey or Agave (or Sugar)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk (or Preferred Milk)
- Pot with Lid
- Medium Pitcher or Bottle
- Ice Cube Tray
- Funnel (if using a bottle)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Add tea bags and water to a pot and bring to a boil. This will make your kitchen smell A-MAZING!! Remove from heat.
- Add honey (or preferred sweetener) and stir to combine. You can totally make this unsweetened if you want.
- Cover pot with lid and leave on the stove for 2-4 hours or overnight. Naturally, the longer it steeps the stronger the flavor.
- Pour steeped tea into a pouring vessel like a large measuring cup with spout.
- Carefully fill ice cube trays with tea and freeze overnight.
- Pour remaining steeped tea into large bottle (use a funnel…you’ll be happy you did!).
- Refrigerate steeped tea overnight while the ice cubes freeze.
- Add your chai tea cubes to a drinking glass and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with regular ice cubes, milk and 1 tbsp. sugar (the sugar is what gives the milk its frothiness) and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE (I’d say about 30 seconds).
- Pour chilled tea concentrate over ice cubes. REMEMBER to save some room for frothed milk.
- Pour the shaken milk over the tea and give it a stir to mix.
See, I told you it would be easy! Now you can enjoy a perfect, refreshing iced chai latte whenever your little heart desires. Cheers!